The Scrum Master II will plan, implement, and finalize team projects according to scope, schedule and resources. This includes coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. Will lead scrum teams that are focused on mobile/cloud management, implementation, and software development. The Scrum Master II will also own and develop the software requirement specifications.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Consolidate input from product owner, UX designer and development team to define software requirement specifications
- Provide guidance to others who are assisting in the software requirement definition process
- Host requirement review sessions with necessary team members to get approval on SRS
- Own software requirement specifications and be the main point of contact for SRS questions
- Consult, mentor and provide guidance to team on test engineering plans
- Coordinate, organize and facilitate scrum ceremonies including standup, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospective, demos
- Coach/teach agile practices to team
- Promote rapid development by driving frequent and rapid iterations with fast feedback loops
- Work with product owners and development teams to achieve customer satisfaction
- Own and manage product backlog including epics/stories/tasks/tickets with help from product owner on priority
- Develop and maintain story readiness checklist and employ to ensure that stories are fully baked prior to scheduling for development
- Prepare backlog for upcoming sprints
- Track and remove project impediments
- Track and forecast team velocity
- Increase team efficiency and creativity to ensure deliverables
- Create useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects
- Work with team to manage outside distractions in order to complete project in a timely manner
- Effectively communicate changes to key stakeholders that will ensure quality and timeline
- Guide team on self-organization
- Facilitate discussions and decision making among teams
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Prepare status reports and present to management, teams and larger audiences
- Confirms completion of required training plan before assuming job responsibilities.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, including Privacy/HIPAA, and other legal and regulatory requirements with support from subject matter experts within the company.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understand technical aspects to spot gaps in design
- Stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- A positive approach to people and problem solutions along with a strong sense of discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Expert at estimating and project planning
- Ability to build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised comfortably
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Able to work independently and deliver high quality work products without close supervision.
- Adept at seeing change as an opportunity to improve business performance and campaigning for it when necessary.
- Able to effectively convey information and lead group discussions.
- Able to assert own ideas and persuade others through effectively consolidating, evaluating, and presenting relevant information.
- Knowledge of Good Documentation Practices (GDP) preferred.
Minimum certifications/educational level
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences or related field or equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience.
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM).
- 3 plus years of scrum master experience in a software development environment
- Jira/Confluence experience
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: user stories, ATDD, TDD, continuous integration, continuous testing, pairing, automated testing, agile games
- Understands professional concepts of area of specialization and uses them to creatively resolve issues.
- Works on problems of varied scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, requires instructions only on new projects or assignments.
- Customarily and regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
Trendsic is a custom software company located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana that's been in business for over 13 years. We are 19 strong and looking to grow our family of talented software team members. Our clients industries range from advertising, medical, financial, government, civil service and non-profit.
About Our Culture
We consider everyone at Trendsic to be family and because of that, we host monthly company events to unwind and strengthen bonds. Call it team building if you’d like, but we like hanging out with each other, so we find opportunities to get out and have a good time with each other. Previous and upcoming company-wide events include:
- Ski trips to Park City, Utah
- Beach trips to Florida (Miami and Destin)
- Movie theater trips
- Board Game Night
- TopGolf trips
- Escape Room trips
- Video Game Tournaments
- Rock Climbing trip (upcoming)
- Axe Throwing / Archery (upcoming)
- Shooting Range (upcoming)
- LAN party (upcoming)
- Paintball (upcoming)
- Trivia Night (upcoming)
- Scavenger Hunt (upcoming)
- Weekly company paid lunch (every Friday)
Direct hire position, full time, competitive salary, paid vacation, comprehensive benefits package, retirement, free snacks and much more!
Interested applicants can apply by sending in their resume via the form below.